Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Passing the rock, yet again....

Some days it feels like life is on a treadmill.  Or in a chase scene from an old Western.  The same things keep happening over and over and over...much like watching the Lone Ranger passing by the same clump of trees and that same gray rock over and over again. 

Dishes get dirty. They get washed, put away.  Step away from the sink, and a minute later, there's a sinkful of the same dishes again.  Get that piece of molding fixed, and then find another repair needing attention.  Get home from a grocery shopping expedition, get everything put away, only to discover you are out of sugar.  It never seems to end.

Where am I going with this post?  Honestly, I am not really sure.  (hence, the name 'random musings') I have a habit of writing myself out of moods. I think I am trying to do that here.

So....I guess all I can do, when I find myself on the treadmill, and passing that same clump of trees, yet again, is to try to find the beauty of the moment, wherever I can.  I have a long standing habit of trying to appreciate things, to not take things for granted.  I am thankful every day as I walk into my workplace that I have a job that I enjoy.  I am thankful each time I get into my wee little car, and hear that engine start right up.  I am thankful that I live in a beautiful apartment, where maintenance handles the repairs.  I am thankful that I have three wonderful children, that even if I don't see them every day (or every week even), I do get phone calls, texts and emails. 

So tomorrow morning, when I drive through the predicted ice storm, I will try to appreciate how the street lights make the icicles glisten. 

Wait, better attitude.  I will look for random moments of beauty, a kind word spoken to me, the first glorious scent of my morning tea, the friendly guard who always opens the door at work, the sun shining sometime midday.  I will wait, and watch.  There..now I feel mostly better.

No comments: