Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Zombie mornings

Tea saved my life again this morning. Ok, that may be exaggerating, but it did bring me alive. I have been sleeping badly recently, so when I walked in this morning, I was on auto pilot. I prepare for this state. On Sunday night, I lay out my clothes for the upcoming work week. I have one of those 'princess pink & purple' weekly organizer things hanging in my closet (instead of saying Monday, Tuesday...I have the designations turned to the French side. Figure this way I will eventually learn at least 5 words in French!) Anyways, every night before I stagger off to bed, I check my clothes for tomorrow, lay out jewelry, and pack my lunch. This way, when I have to zombie my way through the morning, I won't forget anything essential, like say my purse (it's happened!). I really hope and pray that no one plays a practical joke on me, and some evening slip into my room, and switch my clothes for clown pants and a t-shirt that says 'Eat at Joe's'! Some mornings I am so zombie-like, I'd end up walking into work wearing that outfit! Needless to say, it would raise some eyebrows...

Back to this morning, I was having just such a morning. I even woke up and was certain that it was 8am, and I was late to work. Then I realized that what I'd taken for the morning light was in fact the kitchen's overhead lights...that somebody left on.....Turning them off, I went back to sleep, seeing as it was actually 1am. After waking up a few more times, I finally got up with my alarm (ok...I confess..after hitting the snooze twice).

I zombied my way throughout the morning..barely waking up in time to walk into the work building. Grabbing my tea mug, and a Dublin Morning tea bag (cause the mug looked lonely)...and I staggered into Nora's office (whom Cat calls Nora-not-Roberts!), with no idea why I was there. She knew.. she handed me two French Vanilla creamers. Ok...I stood there stupidly... holding an empty mug...empty except for that tea bag...hmm.....and creamer... oh, right. So off I zombied towards the magical spout of hot water...

A short while later found me at my desk, tapping away... while watching steam curl up from my mug...emitting an enticing scent. Finally I could wait no longer. Ahhh.... that first sip, and all is right in my world again. Wait a moment... I looked down...Good. No clown pants....

No comments: