Sunday, April 25, 2010

Not Alone

Tonight as I sat amongst the 18 members of my Small Group (weekly Bible study), I felt such a warmth, a feeling of well-being. Being me, I had to analyze it. Was it the physical warmth of sitting on a comfy sofa in a carpeted basement, surrounded by so many others? No, that wasn't it. Was it the warm scent of coffee brewing on the snack table? No..though it was a good scent? Yes, I don't drink coffee, but I love the smell.) No, not that.

Then I figured it out...it was the warm feeling of being in a group of believers, studying the Word. Being engaged in a discussion of faith and an in depth study of the Bible, this began the warmth. But that warm feeling of well being was mostly caused by being in a group of True Friends, people who I know accept & support me--as I am right now. They believe in me and care deeply for me--as I do for them. I am not alone.

No comments: