Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another definition of Family.

Family. I realized another aspect of being part of an extended family today. I just got a call from my mother. Why? It's snowing major inches all over Michigan, and she just wanted to make certain that I was inside and okay. Then, I was on Facebook, and Roy, my 'other father', tagged me to ask if we were both home & warm. Next thing I know, I'm getting a weather report from Kentucky, and other friends checking on us here to. (friends, family..the lines blur).

So, family is a group of people who care about you, who during a snowstorm, call and check on you. They are those who offer to install your daughter's light fixture, or do your taxes, reload your computer, or check on you during a snow storm...who refuse all forms of payment, other than baked goods.

Family is amazing. Now I need to go bake cookies....

No comments: