Saturday, January 30, 2010

Magical Saturday Mornings

Saturday mornings are my favorite time of the entire week. It's like my own personal holiday that occurs weekly. Why? There is a certain magic to Saturday mornings. I wake up, after sleeping in a bit (when you get up at 5am on weekdays, sleeping til 7am is sleeping in)...and the day feels fresh, new. There is no place that I have to rush off to, and no reason to dress up. I can wear my favorite jeans if I want to (and I always do). The sun is shining, and seems to sparkle through my windows. I have such a feeling of well-being at those times.

I feel like I could do anything. The air is ripe with possibilities. The past is of no consideration; instead, there is a certain newness to the day. The day is fresh, and all that is needed to get started is a nice cup of tea. With a tea cup in hand, I sit and explore the possibilities. What shall I do today? Write a novel? Draft an amazing article? Begin a loaf of fragrent bread? Anything is possible.

Saturday mornings are not a time to be wasted. No TV viewing, no reading of books (my favorite addiction), nothing ordinary.

So, I'm off to continue on with my wonderful Saturday morning, off to explore the magic of the day. Enjoy the magic of your personal holiday!

No comments: